According to Scientific American, a whopping 270, 000 trees are flushed down the drain or clogged landfills in the form of tissues… every day!
Hygiene clearly comes with a cost!
Each disposable tissue, towel and paper can be traced to a tree that has been cut down to cater to the increasing needs of consumers around the world. But switching to sustainable choices may help deal with stress that is quickly leading to several environmental disasters.
Bamboo has been recognised as a better alternative to virgin trees. There are several reasons why bamboo products are considered more sustainable than those made from tree pulp.
- Bamboo is a highly adaptable grass and can be easily grown in arid and drought-prone areas too
- They are versatile and are made into single-use products like towels, tissues and a range of paper
- Bamboo tissues are very strong, absorbent and durable
- Bamboo is carbon-friendly which means that after harvesting, they don’t need to be replanted
- Bamboo does not require pesticides and fertilizers
- According to Guinness World Records, bamboo can grow up to 2.91 ft. per day! Which means, if you sit with a bamboo tree long enough, it might just grow before your eyes!
- Bamboo produces 30% fewer emissions
- They are 100% bio-degradable and septic-safe
Beco is a leading brand that manufactures bamboo tissues, towels, facial tissues and a range of products that are 100% compostable, non-toxic, chlorine-free, fragrance-free and easy on your pocket. If you want to be part of a fast-growing planet-friendly community, head to www.earthbased.store and contribute to a cleaner, greener future.